Construction for plans for the Martin Centre surfaced in 1939 and the doors opened for business in 1940. From that day on, hundreds have visited the facility and enjoyed the art of motion pictures as well as theatrical productions.
In the late 70's, the last movie played at the old Martin Theatre. In 1981, the building was donated to the City of Douglas by the Martin Organization. In 1999, the Martin Centre came alive again as a performing arts theatre and conference destination. This architecture splendor is now listed on the National Historic Register; Downtown Douglas Historic District.
In addition to its use as a performing arts theatre, the Martin Centre can be utilized for large sales meetings, conferences, seminars, and more.
Seating: 750 capacity
Now under the management by Outfront Management. Booking information, please call (912)384-6070.
For upcoming events, like us on Facebook